Sunday, November 14, 2010

Here’s to hoping: One more year, Andy!

Long time Yankee Andy Pettitte has toyed with retiring many times. Many, many times. Not quite Favre-esque (in retirement discussions; keep it clean!), but he’s getting there. Naturally, we’d all like to see Andy return for 2011, if for no other reason than his return would help plug an obvious gaping hole in the rotation. Andy, however, is not so sure:

“I’m just going to wait and see what my heart wants me to do. Right now, I can tell you my heart’s right here in Deer Park. If something happens and I play one more year that would be it. It would be one more year and that would be it.”

It would be nice to see Pettitte take a farewell lap, maybe with Posada in stride. He deserves tribute befitting a player of his stature within the organization. I am sure he’s not quite interested in the fanfare, but I know as a fan, I’d love to pay him that respect and tribute.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment