Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yankees Interested in Jorge De La Rosa?

No thanks.

Really though, I’m not even sure what the point of this would be. I understand that Brian Cashman wants to upgrade the starting pitching, as always, but is De La Rosa really much of an upgrade over just about anyone else they have? I mean, he sports a career walk rate that makes A.J. Burnett look like Andy Pettitte. Maybe on a one year deal I could see it, but will De La Rosa settle for a single year deal in free agency?

The Yankees definitely need another starting pitcher for next season. They’ve got a lot of good pitching prospects, but none of them are ready for the big leagues. Ivan Nova and Sergio Mitre probably aren’t the answer. But the situation isn’t necessarily dire, so I wouldn’t be bringing on someone like Jorge De La Rosa. If you can’t find someone via a trade, either in the offseason or at the deadline next year, then I think I’d just rather go with Nova and hope that Andrew Brackman or Dellin Betances is ready for 2012.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment