Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More facepalm for Yankees fans

Yankee fans are hardly perfect, but to lob a grenade like this one, while your team is still playing, is just low:

“I think particularly in Game 3 of the World Series they just blew away anything I’ve seen in any venue during the postseason. I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I’ve seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment.”

I was at Game 3 of the ALCS with Will and while there was plenty of anti-Texas Rangers jeering (no different than the anti-Yankee stuff we hear over the TV, every game), I saw nothing close to “violent” or “apathetic”. Just witness to Cliff Lee dismantling our team. I didn’t see this, though. Then again, I am not the owner of the opposing team sitting in the front row for all to see and jeer.

Mr. Greenberg, it must be nice having the most perfect fans in all the wholest world ever.

Other teams have fans who puked on someone intentionally, or attacked an opposing coach, or thrown things on the field, or fought with cops, or dumped beer on an opposing player, or generally be so unruly that the team banned alcohol as a result, or berated the bullpen.

In other words, every team’s fanbase has their bad apples.

Or everything Philly gets called out for.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment