Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Obligatory Cliff Lee posting

If this sounds forced, know that it is. I’m more than sick of Indecision 2010: Cliff Lee Edition. As far as updates go, I think this is absolutely the one thing I wanted to read:

No more years. No more dollars.

If Cliff Lee is waiting for the Yankees to up their offer before deciding between The Bronx and Texas, the saga is going to continue.

Nope, not even a “mystery team” will force the Yanks to up their already extravagant Chinese Menu offers. Which is fine by me. If he wants the Yanks, great. I’m going to be ecstatic if that’s his decision. If he wants Texas, I will be disappointed but no tears will be shed. The Yanks will have a heckuva battle ahead of them next year no matter what.

Until we get real info, we’re going to have to deal with all of the “tea leaf reading” done by everyone. I’m sick of it and I am sure you are as well.

-

UPDATE: Buster has his latest “heard this” (via Twitter):

Heard this: Darek Braunecker, the agent for Cliff Lee, has been in touch with the Yankees today and said the process is on-going;stay tuned.

Sigh. We will, Buster, because we have no choice.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured site: So, Why is Wikileaks a Good Thing Again?.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment